Wen Junhui (Chinese: 文俊辉; Korean: 문준휘; born 10 June 1996), also known by his stage name Jun (Korean: 준, is a Chinese singer and actor based in South Korea. He is a member of the South Korean boy group SEVENTEEN and its sub-unit "Performance Team" under Pledis Entertainment.
Before joining SEVENTEEN, He was a child actor who starred in multiple films including The Pye Dog (2006), for which he won the Hong Kong Film Directors' Guild's Best New Actor Silver Award. In 2010, he played the young Ip Man in The Legend Is Born: Ip Man.
- Stage Name: Jun (준)
- Lead Dancer
- Sub Vocalist
Early life Edit
Wen Junhui was born on 10 June 1996 in Shenzhen, China. As a child, he began starring in commercials at the age of two and worked as a child actor on TV shows and movies in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
Early life and career Edit
In October 2012, Jun moved to South Korea to undergo training under Pledis Entertainment. From 2013 to 2015, he appeared on Seventeen TV and MBC Seventeen Project: Debut Big Plan as a trainee alongside the other future members of his band. He debuted as a member of Seventeen on May 26, 2015 under the stage name Jun. Their first EP 17 Carat was released three days later.
In 2018, he and group member The8 participated in the Chinese music reality show Chao Yin Zhan Ji (潮音战纪). He won the first solo stage competition on the show with his performance of Wo Ming Bai (我明白), a Chinese cover of Seventeen's Thanks. He wrote the Chinese lyrics for the cover. His solo and collaboration stages on the show have been released on digital music platforms owned by Tencent Music.
He released his first solo, the special single album Can you sit by my side? (能不能坐在我身边), which he co-wrote, on December 14, 2018. He released his first solo OST, the Chinese version of Dream, for The King: Eternal Monarch on July 2, 2020.
His acting career started at the age of two when he was cast in a commercial.He has appeared in numerous television series, including Flying Dragon – the Special Unit (特警飞龙) at the age of five.
He made his film debut in 2006 in The Pye Dog [zh], for which he won the Hong Kong Film Directors' Guild's Best New Performer Silver Award and was nominated for the Best New Performer Award of the 27th Hong Kong Film Awards. In 2010, he played the young Ip Man in The Legend Is Born: Ip Man.
In 2014, he was cast in the Chinese web drama Intouchable. He filmed a music video for the NetEase mobile game A Dream of Jianghu in July 2019.
In 2015, Jun was a special MC for the Chinese interview segment on SBS The Show. From October to December 2018, he co-hosted the Chinese music ranking show YO! BANG (由你音乐榜样).
Personal life Edit
He learned wushu as a child and participated in competitions. He also plays the piano and has performed arrangements of Seventeen's songs.
His handsome looks have garnered him the nicknames of The Miracle of Mainland (大陸の奇跡) in Japan and Big Beautiful (大漂亮) in China. He is also known to fans as the Little Prince of Shenzhen Subway (深圳地铁小王子) because a promotional ad he filmed for the Shenzhen Metro in middle school is still being aired on certain trains.
Music Video Appearances Edit
|2019||A Dream of Jianghu OST||Netease mobile game OST|
TV shows Edit
|2018||Chao Yin Zhan Ji||Tencent (China)||Contestant||with The8|
Television series Edit
|2002||Give Me Folly||Feng Xiaoye|
|Special Police Dragon||Guangdong Radio and Television|
|2004||Cross Border Daddy|
|2005||Go! Go! Daddy||Zeng Cheng||Asia Television||Main role|
|2010||Drunk Red Dust||Xiao Xiao Jiu||iQiyi|
|Who's The Hero?||Asia Television||Cameo|
|2012||Children's War||Liu Xiaofeng||Shanghai Television||Supporting role|
|2015||Intouchable||Little Dracula||iQiyi||Main role|
|2007||The Dog-Pye||Lin Zhihong||Won the Hong Kong Film Directors' Guild's Best New Performer Silver Award|
|2010||The Legend is Born: Ip Man||Young Yip Man||Supporting role|
|2013||My Mother||Lin Yilong||Main role|
Music shows Edit
|2015||THE SHOW||SBS MTV||Special MC|
|2016||I love you Korea #1 (Dream Concert)||SBS||with Jeonghan and Mingyu|
|2017||M Countdown||Mnet||with Joshua, S.Coups, Hoshi, Seungkwan, Vernon, Dino|
|2018||YO! BANG||Tencent (China)|
|2019||SBS Super Concert in Hong Kong||SBS||with Joshua and Mingyu|
✓ = Participated
✖ = Didn't participate
SEVENTEEN Discography Edit
|(Single)||My I (Chinese Ver.)||✓||✖||✖|
|2018||We Make You||Highlight (Japanese ver.)||✓||✖||✖|
|2019||(Single)||Home (Chinese Ver.)||✓||✖||✖|
Discography as a soloist Edit
|2018||Can you sit by my side?||✓||✖||✖|
Digital singles Edit
- Can you sit by my side? (2018)
Other releases Edit
- My I (Chinese Ver.) (2017)
Awards and nominations Edit
|2006||Hong Kong Film Directors' Guild Award||Best New Performer Silver Award||The Pye Dog||Won|
|2008||27th Hong Kong Film Awards||Best New Performer||Nominated|
- Nickname: Mr. Blue Earmuffs, Prince of China, Miracle of the Continent, Jerry Wen, Moon jun, Sailor Moon Jun
- Family: Mom, dad and younger brother (born in 2006)
- Phuket High School (first-year)
- Buji Senior High School (first-year to fourth-year)
- University’s International Language Institute
- Specialty: Kung Fu, Acting
- Hobby: Acting, Singing, Martial Arts, Playing the piano, Playing mobile games, Cooking
- Training Period: 2 years and 7 months
- Favorite Drinks: Grapefruit drink
- Favorite Animals: Cat
- Favorite Body Parts: All
- Favorite Colors: Black and White
- MBTI Personality types: INFP (Mediator)
- He knows Wushu.
- He likes spicy foods.
- He adapts easily to new places.
- The meaning behind his real name is that Wen (文) means 'gentle/refined’, Jun (俊) means ‘handsome’ and Hui (辉) means ‘bright/shining’.
- His stage name Jun came from his real name Junhui.
- He can speak Mandarin, Cantonese, and Korean.
- He says many Chinese students love kpop and that’s how he became curious about it and moved to Korea.
- He is known to look like SUJU's Heechul.
- He can sleep with his eyes open.
- He was a child actor and acted in the Chinese drama "Intouchables".
- He can't eat eggplants.
- He's an early bird and often wakes up the members.
- Along with The8, Samuel, and PENTAGON Yanan, Jun participated in the Chinese show "The Collaboration" (潮音战纪 Chao Yin Zhan Ji)
- According to Seungkwan, Jun is known as the mother of the group.
- He can play the piano.
- He loves jelly.
- He loves hiding snacks.
Official Links Edit
| To view the Jun gallery, click here.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|