Hoshi (호시) is a South Korean performer and choreographer under Pledis Entertainment. He is a member of the boy group SEVENTEEN and the leader of 'Perfomance Team'. He is also part of the special sub-units, 'BSS' and 'Leaders'.
Hoshi released his first solo mixtape, Spider, worldwide on April 2, 2021.
- 1 Profile
- 2 Filmography
- 3 Magazines
- 4 Credits
- 5 Discography
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Spotify
- 8 Videos
- 9 Official Links
- 10 Gallery
- 11 References
- Leader of Performance Team
- Main Dancer
|2018||The Creaking Heroes||MBC||Member|
Music Video Appearances
|2014||My Copycat||Orange Caramel|
|2016||M Countdown||Mnet||Special MC||with Joshua|
|M Countdown||Mnet||with S.Coups, Joshua, Jun, Seungkwan, Vernon, Dino|
|2018||with Jeonghan and Wonwoo|
|M Countdown||Mnet||with S.Coups, and Wonwoo|
|KCON LA 2019||Mnet||with Vernon|
- IZE Magazine: The Idol On Stage (July 2019) *Book Type Interview*
- ELLE Korea (2020)
- KNIGHT China April Issue (2021)
- ESQUIRE Korea May Issue (2021)
- The Thirteen Tapes (TTT) Vol.1 1/13 (May 2021) *Pledis Issued*
- ALLURE Korea September Issue (2021)
Features with Other Members
- DAZED: November Issue (2016) with Performance Team
- ELLE Korea: November Issue (2019) with Joshua, Mingyu, The8, Seungkwan, Vernon, Dino
- HIGH CUT Magazine Vol. 260 (March 2020) with Mingyu, The8, Vernon *COVER*
- AnAn Magazine No. 2223 (Japan) 28 October 2020 with Jeonghan, DK, Mingyu, Vernon, Dino *BACK COVER*
- ELLE Korea: November Issue (2020) with Joshua, Jun, DK
- GINGER Magazine Japan: November Issue (2021) with Jeonghan, Mingyu
Features with All of SEVENTEEN as a Group
- IZE Magazine: August Issue (2015)
- KWAVE December Issue (2015)
- CeCi Magazine: December Issue (2015)
- IZE Magazine: December Issue (2015)
- 10+ Star: TENASIA March Issue (2016)
- CeCi Magazine: May Issue (2016)
- @star1 Vol.50 (May 2016)
- IZE Magazine (May 2016) *PHOTOBOOK*
- haru*hana Magazine (Japan) Vol.36 (May 2016)
- AnAn Magazine (Japan) 21 June 2017
- @star1 Vol.64 (July 2017)
- DAZED Digital Magazine (July 2017)
- CeCi Magazine: October Issue (2017)
- HIGH CUT Vol.208 (October 2017) *COVER*
- CeCi Magazine: January Issue (2018)
- SINGLES Korea: April Issue (2018) *COVER*
- Sparkling Magazine’s Spring 2018 Issue *COVER*
- 1st LOOK Vol.155 (May 2018) *COVER*
- AnAn Magazine (Japan) 30 May 2018 *COVER*
- @star1 Vol.77 (August 2018) *COVER*
- CREA Magazine: October Issue (2018)
- SPARKS Japanese Idol Magazine Vol.1 (November 2018) *COVER*
- THE STAR: February Issue (2019)
- SPARKS Japanese Idol Magazine Vol.2 (April 2019)
- AnAn Magazine (Japan) 13 May 2019 *COVER*
- AnAn Magazine No. 2187 (Japan) February 2020 *COVER*
- SPRiNG Magazine (Japan): March Issue (2020)
- BILLBOARD Korea Vol.3 (April 2020) *COVER*
- Monotube Magazine Vol.2 (July 2020) *Thief & Heist Collaboration*
- HARPER`S BAZAAR: January Issue (2021) *COVER*
- MORE Magazine Japan: January Issue (2022) *COVER* [Jun and The8 weren't able to participate due to activities in China]
✓ = Participated
✖ = Didn't participate
|2015||17 Carat||Jam Jam||✓||✖||✖|
|Love & Letter||Still Lonely||✓||✖||✖|
|2016||Love & Letter Repackage Album||No F.U.N||✓||✖||✖|
|2017||Al1||Don't Wanna Cry||✓||✖||✖|
|Teen, Age||Change Up||✓||✓||✖|
|We Make You||Highlight (Japanese ver.)||✓||✓||✖|
|You Make My Day||MOONWALKER||✓||✖||✖|
|2019||You Made My Dawn||Shhh||✓||✖||✖|
|24H||247 (Japanese ver.)||✓||✖||✖|
|Together (Japanese ver.)||✓||✖||✖|
|Semicolon||Light a Flame||✓||✖||✖|
Discography as a soloist
|2018||Just Do It||✓||✖||✖|
|2018||Digital Single||Bumzu & Han Dong Geun||Forever Young||✓||✖||✖|
|2021||-||Hoshi||호랑이 Power (Tiger Power)||✓||✓||✖|
|-||SEVENTEEN||In the SOOP||✓||✓||✖|
- "Spider" (2021)
- HURRICANE (2017)
- TOUCH (2018)
- 호랑이 Power (Tiger Power) (2021)
- Nickname: Mr.Dumbell, 10:10 Ok’Clock, Kwon Fire, Kwon Ham-Ji, Kwon-Spoiler, Prince Hoshi, Spider, Tiger
- Emoji: 🐹, 🐯
- Family: Mom, dad and older sister (born in 1995)
- Maseok Elementary School (Graduated)
- Maseok Middle School (Graduated)
- Maseok High School (Graduated)
- Dong-Ah Institute of Media and Art (K-POP Major) (Drop out)
- Hanyang University’s Institute for Future Talents (Practical Music Major K-POP Course)
- Specialty: Choreography, Taekwondo (Black Belt)
- Hobby: Dancing, Working out
- Training Period: 4 years
- Favorite Drinks: Soda
- Favorite Animals: Tiger 🐯
- Favorite Body Parts: Eyes
- Favorite Colors: Black, Blue, White
- Favorite Artists: SHINee
- MBTI Personality types: INFP (Mediator)
- The meaning behind his real name is that Kwon means ‘power’, Soon means ‘innocent and Young means ‘glorious’. It means to be powerful by being innocent and glorious. He thinks he’s a powerful team leader for the Performance team.
- His stage name means "gaze of the tiger" and was made by combining two Korean words: "horangi" (tiger) and "shiseon" (gaze). He chose this name because he feels he turns into a tiger when he's on stage.
- In Japanese, Hoshi means 'star', so he uses both meanings.
- He said the hardest time in his life was when his friends and family would ask him when he would debut but he couldn’t tell them since he didn’t know himself.
- He was voted by the other members as the member with the most aegyo.
- He was voted by the other members as the most hard working member, along with Jihoon.
- He choreographs most of Seventeen’s routines.
- He is a black belt in Taekwondo and was a Taekwondo champion when he was young. He says Taekwon poses are similar to dance moves and that’s how he became interested in dancing. When he was in middle school, he created his own dance club and participated in competitions and won first in city competition. He got casted by participating in the district competition.
- His role model is choreographer Keone Madrid. He says his dances are original and attracts people with the beats. He wants to be a person who is original and stylish when it comes to dance and improves himself by performing.
- S.Coups chose Hoshi as the member who could be the leader, he says he has a lot of charisma.
- He is also the energy of the group.
- He is known for spoiling the groups comebacks very often.
- In the Going Seventeen : Hide and Seek Horror, he spoiled Left&Right by playing the song and dancing to it.
- His personality that shows often is considered to be an extrovert but he also has an introvert side to himself that the members has talked about.
- He did a VLIVE in Woozi's studio using autotune. There he also created a rap song based on Seungcheol's Hat and wardrobe.
- He officially opened his instagram on International Tiger's Day (July 29), at exactly 10.10 PM KST.
| To view the Hoshi gallery, click here.